Prarthana Modi is a photographer based in New Delhi, India. She studied management and systems design after which she worked in the telecommunications industry for ten years before giving it up to pursue photography.
She started her formal training in photography with foundation courses from Central St. Martins School of Art and Design, London and then went on to study at The School of Black & White Photography, London. However, she is mostly self-taught and self-motivated.
Prarthana captures all her images in black & white and shoots on film only. She is a creative photographer, and sells her images as limited edition prints. Each print is hand printed on silver gelatin archival paper with selenium toning.
1) Group exhibition, People for Animals, August 2005 at Hotel Maurya Sheraton, New Delhi
2) Group exhibition, Harvest 2008 by Arushi Arts, August 2008 at Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
3) Solo exhibition – The Indecisive Moment, October 2009 at Open Palm Court, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
4) Group exhibition, Harvest 2010 by Arushi Arts, July-August 2010 at Alliance Francaise, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
5) Solo exhibition – Still, September-October 2010 at Seagull Arts & Media Resource Centre, Kolkata
6) Group exhibition, Memories of Another Day by Wonderwall, February 2011 at The Stainless gallery, New Delhi
7) Group exhibition, Indian Photography by AM Gallery Brighton, April 2011 in Brighton, UK
8) Solo exhibition - Still, May 2011 by Seagull Arts at Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
9) Group exhibition, Faith –The Endless Journey by Wonderwall, September 2011 at The Stainless gallery, New Delhi
10) Group exhibition, Take 2! (The Bollywood Show) 2011 by Arushi Arts, September-October 2011 at The Gallery Mall, M.G. Road, New Delhi
1) Photo essay on National Association for the Blind, New Delhi in 2004-05
2) Calendar for 2010 for Udayan Care, New Delhi